Friday, March 31, 2023

Bird Alert


 


There was a bird this morning that was causing a commotion for around two hours that I know of.  Why?  If it is a bird problem and it's not about birdseed then I don't know.   I put some birdseed out, thinking that could be the cause of the discontent.   Maybe it was the two cats that have decided they own the property.  I have seen feathers scattered about.   There is a thunderstorm today and it was raining, but birds tend to accept this fact.  Did a biddy fall from a nest?  Goodness knows.  I searched for a few minutes to try to figure out what was the matter.  I'm not perfect at reading birdy minds.  It was a bit spooky really.  It was so loud it filled most of the house.  It didn't sound like a typical bird call, but as I searched for the source, one of the loud tweets ended in a bird type warble.  OK, definitely a bird doing this.  Yesterday I didn't put out birdseed, because I've really come to a fork in the road with the cats, so I was avoiding them.  Therefore I hid out inside all day.  Anyway, the birds got their birdseed finally, and the noise has stopped.  It was giving me the creeps for some reason.  


I guess the first step with the wildlife problem is to lure the cats into a trap.  Why don't I do that?  Because they are feral cats and I'm afraid of them.  So what do I do with them after I trap them?  


UPDATE


I went and found my cat trap.  Now what?  Wait?  I guess.  


Meantime, I thought the bird had calmed down.  The bird is making a lot of noise.  While I was outside I noticed a hawk in the sky.  That may be what the excitement is about.  


UPDATE 2


I checked on my cat trap to see if I caught a cat yet.  The cat trap has disappeared, lock stock and barrel.  And especially bait.   This is concerning.  






No comments:

Post a Comment