Friday, March 24, 2023

Tuna Heads South.


 


Tuna is starting to alarm me.   Wednesday she called me and said she was feeling great.  I quizzed her about the latest diagnosis of a stomach infection.  "The antibiotic you were prescribed is used for ulcers.  Did the doctor tell you that you have ulcers?"  She was hazy on the details.  Anyway, now she's right as rain!  She said she'd see me Friday at the beauty shop.  


This morning Tuna called me and said she is going to the hospital.  She has been diagnosed with double pneumonia.  I quizzed her about how this was determined.  She was a little defensive, as if I doubted her, and said they did X-rays, etc.   Well, not that I challenged that, but why was this missed a few days ago?   I can't seem to make sense of this.  


So for another week my hair will not be styled.  This was not a surprise.   I actually already knew something was wrong with Tuna's breathing because she was coughing on Wednesday.   I even thought she might be contagious.  Well, I planned to take my chances.  I'm afraid this could be from COVID.  


UPDATE


I called Tuna at her hospital room, but the nurse told me they had no patient in her room.  "Did she go home?"  "We're not allowed to give any information."  Great.  Then she told me to call her at home.  


So, sure enough, Tuna was at home again.  There were so many things wrong with this.  What happens when someone goes to the hospital on the weekend?  Nothing.  Everyone takes the weekend off.  She told me Friday evening that she was on an IV.  "Are they giving you antibiotics?"  "I don't know.  I'm supposed to have therapy tomorrow." When I reached her at home, I asked how she was and if the doctor had discharged her, or if she had decided to leave.  I couldn't make any sense of what she answered.  It sounded like she had decided to take a shot of vodka.  She complained about being kept up all night at the hospital.  I hate it when they do that.  Then she said she had to go.  It was good to hear that she was out of the hospital.  






No comments:

Post a Comment