Monday, November 21, 2022

Fe Fi Fo Fum I Smell the Blood of an Englishman


 


This is Ole Gray, the tomcat.  Ole Gray was the paramour of the first feral cat that showed up at my door.  He was vanquished by Ole Yeller, since Ole Gray is not a great fighter.   Ole Yeller disappeared too, one day, and after a few weeks Ole Gray showed up again with a new lady.  I tried to take all the feral cats to the vet to meet their new destiny, but Ole Gray and his tabby lady got away.  Ringo, aka Orange Man, also eluded me.  


After all this time, Ole Gray still hisses when I go outside.   I sometimes relent and give him cat food.  This puts him in a bad mood. I haven't concerned myself too much him.  Until now.  


I went outside and put food in a dish on the porch for him, and he started snarling and hissing as usual.  Then he surprised me and attacked me and scratched my hand.  I suppose in cat thinking this was not a deal breaker type attack.  Or maybe it was a first attempt at escalating his little war with me.   I immediately picked up the dish and shouted at him, taking all the Kit N Kaboodle goodness back into the house with me.  


I began to plan out my response to the war with Ole Gray.  Maybe it was time to shoot him.  Well, why bother?  A siege would work.  No more food of any kind for any outdoor cat.   You lose cat. 






No comments:

Post a Comment