Sunday, November 13, 2022

Cherry Cola


 The first time I drank cherry cola was when I was 11.  My grandparents liked to go to the Elks Club in Miami on Friday evenings and took us along.  My, it was a wonderful experience.  First I sat in the lounge at the bar and ordered cherry cola.  This was cherry cola like no other, extra delicious from the fountain of goodness they kept behind the bar.  And a bottomless bowl of cheese popcorn.   Wow wow wow.  This was the lead up to dinner, which was also marvelous.  


But if you think for one second that you can buy a can of cola that says cherry cola and replicate that experience, you are sadly mistaken.  


What to do?  


Lately I've experimented with packets of sugar free drink mixes from several different companies.  They're really on to something.  I got some cherry flavored drink packets and yes, it was cherry-ish.  But then it occurred to me to enhance a Diet Coke with the cherry drink packet.  Oh my.  Cherry cola was back.  It tasted just like my first cherry cola that I drank in the lounge at the Elks Club.  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment