Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Who is Gail Moss?









Every now and then I just seem to enter the Twilight Zone.  Not often, maybe two or three times a year.  What happens?  I wake up in bed wondering how I got there and trying to figure out where five hours went.  It's caused by narcolepsy.  When people see it happen they usually are offended with me, assuming I'm intoxicated, although it isn't caused by drugs or alcohol.  I think it's caused by a faulty carbohydrate metabolism or lack of an enzyme one needs to break down the carbs.  

One morning I awoke, and puzzled over the day before.  I couldn't remember it.  I looked at the t shirt I was wearing.  Uh oh.  I was shocked to see that my t shirt was covered in blood!  But I wasn't injured.  Oh, it wasn't blood.  I looked around.  Candy wrappers were everywhere.  I was covered in chocolate.   Well, I had had a good time.  

I asked my husband if I had done anything unusual the day before.  Apparently so.  He was just spinning about it.  Had I done anything unusual?!  I was walking and talking in an funny way, and he tried to get me to go to bed, but I was "belligerent" and wouldn't go to bed.  No sir!  I wanted the Klondike bars.  As I gobbled Klondike bars, I told him a wild story about someone he said I called "Gail Moss."  He insisted that I told him that Gail Moss came to visit me every day.  Every day.  He just would not believe that I don't know any Gail Moss and she never visited.  

Unfortunately, there was no way I could explain this to him since it was a mystery to me also, and it wasn't something that I could have avoided doing.   Eventually he forgot about it, and filed it under, "Helene is insane."  

I still wonder who Gail Moss is.  









No comments:

Post a Comment