Monday, August 21, 2017

My Eclipse Experience









               Amateur shot of the eclipse.  OK yes I took it.  


This is how things looked from my corner of paradise today. I asked my  nephew once to take a photo of me.  It looked just like this!  Oh, plus a telephone wire in the middle.  In my photo there is a mysterious star above my head.  Cool.  It's probably the planet Nibiru. This was at pretty much the height of the excitement.  What did I learn?  

One, the page I visited yesterday was inaccurate about the times.  I suppose they were in another time zone.  I checked it today and the list of times were gone.  OK.  The times were off by at least an hour.  

Two.  The moon does not exist.  If I could see the sun, why was there no sign of the moon?  My mother thinks it's because of it being the dark of the moon.   I think she's fallen for media propaganda.  

Three.  The earth is flat!  But in all the sailing the seas why has no on fallen off the edge?  Because the arctic blocks it.   How could Magellan have circumnavigated the alleged globe then?  He kept unwittingly making left turns.   One must admit, almost all that most of us know about the purportedly round earth is what we've been told.  

Four.  Darkness.  Darkness you could cut with a knife!  Not quite. At the height of the excitement,  it was darker.  Theoretically I would have been in the 90% zone.  How dark?  About like the time just before twilight.  Very impressive.  It was a hot day, around 94º. Many know that I have had a lot to say about this being a surprisingly cold summer.  Not today.  But the temperature was good enough to drop 4º.  

Five.  Other than the eclipse,  there seemed to be no ramifications, no sequelae, just the lonely feeling of being so small.  People were able to drive.  The pipeline people continued to work as if the end of the world weren't occurring.  The animals didn't go to sleep. They thought about it though.  The power grid didn't collapse.  NOTHING!

Six.  East is not east.  West is not west.  Imagine my surprise to see with my own eyes the eclipse starting at about 1:00 o'clock on the face of the sun.  It was supposed to start at about 7:00 o'clock.  Celestial indications of where we are are way way off.  Another telling phenomenon.  The eclipse went from west to east, so we're told.  How could this happen?  The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.  

Now it's over.  Here I am with a silly pair of solar binoculars, hoping I haven't blinded myself.  One curious thing I noticed at the time of this photo was that there was a rainbow around the sun.  It was pretty but I don't see it vividly on my photo.  







No comments:

Post a Comment