Monday, August 14, 2017

Is a mini ice age coming or not?









http://www.iflscience.com/environment/mini-ice-age-not-reason-ignore-global-warming/


Opinion 1

They say no.  Do I "believe in" a soon to happen mini ice age?   Well, I believe it could happen.  

This one is a good example of the treacherous territory of journalism and maintaining faith in it.  They are IFL Science!  

Oh, good. If I dispute them I will be disputing science.  I've been criticized for that over and over.  Well, I do have a sturdier science background than most, but I don't know much about ice ages.  I do know about silly ideas in reporting.  

IFL Science! tells us that we don't have to worry because we're not going to have any disastrous consequences like in the Maunder Minimum in 1645 to 1715.  You see, in those days they didn't have heating.   We will simply turn up the thermostat!  Why didn't I think of that?  

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/we-could-be-heading-mini-
ice-age-2030/

This is the original article IFL Science! wrote on the subject, which they say was fueled by the opinion of Valentina Zharkova of the University of Northumbria.  

What was the date of these two articles?  I couldn't find it.  But I did find the date that I posted the following article on g+, May 7, 2015, titled, Is a Mini Ice Age on the Way?  Scientists claim that Sun will 'go to sleep' in 2030 and cause temperatures to plummet, published in the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3156594/Is-mini-ICE-AGE-way-Scientists-warn-sun-sleep-2020-cause-temperatures-plummet.html 


http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/05/08/paper-earth-on-course-for-100-year-mini-ice-age/


Climate Depot on May 8, 2017 reported that a solar cooling cycle will begin, according to scientists, in 2020 lasting till 2033, with devastating consequences.   Well well well.  Now we're talking.  

There are a couple of other links I was going to opine on but I see they are also from 2015, with the Telegraph saying on July 11, 2015 that we're about to have an ice age, and The Washington Post on July 14, 2015 countering, "No we are not about to have an ice age."  I'll post the links anyway. 


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11733369/Earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/07/14/no-earth-is-not-heading-toward-a-mini-ice-age/?utm_term=.d9c83cc3829c


http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/02/04/a-mini-ice-age-is-coming-soon-says-math-professors-solar-cycle-model-thats-97-accurate/


Collective Evolution on February 7, 2017, writes that solar cycles impact our climate, carefully explaining that this in no way excuses greenhouse gases caused by humanity from causing global warming.  They also mention that there was a furor at NASA over the very idea from a number of their scientists defending the global warming stance, citing a recent study by NASA showing that Antarctica is growing more ice.  

http://climatechangedispatch.com/mini-ice-age-is-here-to-stay-says-astrophysicist/  


Climate Change Dispatch on May 23, 2017 published "Mini Ice Age is here to stay" says astrophysicist.  

So many times I have experienced being reviled by "the beautiful people" over my "stupid opinions" showing that I know nothing about "science," (on Youtube). Well, here it is!  This was the opinion of  astrophysicist Pier Corbyn.  He states, "The mini ice age is in a new stage and is here to stay for twenty years."  Also, the article points out that increased volcanism should be expected.  Why?  I don't know. 

Going back again to July 15, 2017 is an article publish in Snopes, by Kim LaCapria.  I found it googling "mini ice age hoax." 

http://www.snopes.com/2015/07/16/solar-glower/


Little Kim expresses the opinion that an ice age idea is "greatly exaggerated."  How so?  Because the controversy revolves around the findings of Valentina Zharkova, which was not peer reviewed.  

Well, that was then, this is now.  

There are some interesting videos on Youtube about this subject.  Leading the pack is an interview with John Casey, the author of "Dark Winter," "Cold Sun," and "Upheaval."  

This video discusses "The Grand Solar Minimum."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbzq6XB4Ww0

That's all my research on this subject.  What do I think?  I think  global warming is due to solar cycles, and that greenhouse gases could not impact the climate if they wanted to.  I think the shrill voices screaming for carbon emissions taxes were either mistaken or propaganda.  I think the period of global warming that we've seen has been beneficial.  

Are we entering a mini ice age?  I would be surprised to see it happen this year.  Certainly one day, yes.  It's a regular cyclical occurrence.  

Well then, are we having global cooling?  Yes, I think so.  But that impression is influenced by my own experience.  Predicting weather is like trying to catch the red dot. 

This July and August have been the coolest I've seen in my life.  The temperatures I've seen may not seem like much to those that live in Maine, but here the temperatures usually run between 95º to 105º.  Yesterday, August 13th, the temperature was 74º.  It's been less than 90º for a month.  74º in August is a first for me.  Also, it's been rainy all summer.  This is unusual.  

One thing for sure.  I wouldn't rely on collective journalism to find out.  

One last item from EarthSky on July 7, 2017 by Eleanor Imster and Deborah Byrd in Space. 

http://earthsky.org/space/solar-minimum-is-coming-video?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=google_plus&utm_source=socialnetwork




No comments:

Post a Comment