Monday, March 4, 2024

I'll Never Be Hungry Again!

 



Today I decided to hard boil three dozen eggs.  I have fresh eggs and the older eggs just need to be used.  


So I hard boiled the eggs using the Instant Pot.  Now what?  


Peel 18 eggs.  Put the other 18 in the refrigerator.  Then I made eight eggs into egg salad.  Remove the yolks and mash them well with a fork.  Put in mustard, mayo (plenty), salt, relish, and two stalks of chopped celery.  


Then I used part of the egg salad in tuna salad.  I used two cans of albacore, canned in water, and flaked it by grinding it up with the stick blender until it's pretty much a paste consistency.  I sprinkle about one Tablespoon of erythritol over it, and about a tsp of salt.  Then plenty of mayo.  A lot of people skimp on mayo, but it tastes a lot better if there is a generous amount.  Then I blend it again with the stick blender.  Finally I mix in about a third of the egg salad, plus two stalks of chopped celery, plus about 1/4 cup of sweet relish (I use artificially sweetened).  Now there is enough egg salad and tuna salad for about a week.  


But what about the rest of the eggs?  Then I made deviled eggs out of 10 eggs.  That should take care of breakfast for a few days.  


Still there are 18 more eggs.  Not even peeled.  The plan is to make a half a gallon of pickled eggs.  


The pickled eggs are so handy.  Suppose it's around bedtime, but you have got to have a goody?  They are perfect for that.  They are a nice treat, but they don't have any of the usual negatives.  They don't disturb my sleep.  The next day my fasting glucose is usually on the low side, even though I ate not long before bed.  Usually this will cause trouble.  Not pickled eggs.  


So that was today in Paradise.  




Aloha.  



No comments:

Post a Comment