Wednesday, January 18, 2023

New Mystery Coin





I found another mystery coin today in the kitchen - a Kennedy 1971 half dollar.  Wow.  I thought when I picked it up that it was a quarter.  


I have puzzled over these coins showing up in the kitchen, and read a story about someone else that had this experience.  In that case it was a bird that had discovered how to get into a bank vault and found the beautiful shiny coins.  The bank had figured out that some of their coins were missing and were mystified.  So how it was solved I don't remember, but I did think it could be a bird leaving the coins.  Well, OK, that's a stretch.  I can't imagine any explanation that isn't a stretch.  


I love my new coin.  As usual, this coin is somewhat unusual.  Not rare, but one doesn't see them very often.  Like a wheat penny.  I was wondering if the mystery coins had stopped.  They have been showing up about every two or three months, and it seemed like it had been that long.  The first one was a wheat penny on December 17, 2021.  The last one before today was October 27, 2022.   Well, that seems to be about the usual interval between coins.  I found this one near a shelf I was trying to straighten up.  


I was surprised that this was a half dollar, and such a cool coin.  I hid it in my special mystery coin hiding place.  






No comments:

Post a Comment