Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Laser Hair Comb


 


I decided to buy this laser comb, thinking it might keep my hair beautiful.  It is an actual laser device, and received approval from the FDA to be marketed as a treatment for hair growth by stimulating hair follicles.  


I was playing around with it today, trying it on my hands and eyebrows.  It occurred to me to try it on areas of joint pain.  Wow.  It actually worked.  I can't believe it.  I googled the use of laser for joint pain, and it's said to promote healing and alleviate pain, but at what wavelength?  Surprisingly, research on this use is promising but still experimental.  


The laser in this comb is a cool laser, which is perfect for using on painful joints.  It doesn't burn.  I can't feel anything.  I suppose this technology isn't marketed for pain relief or healing because studies haven't been done that would give it FDA approval.  


I tried a laser device several years ago.  It was a hokey thing that was supposed to make the skin dewier.  Did that work?  Not at all.   I felt cheated.  However, I think this laser comb is a better product.  The laser light was too bright to put on my eyebrows, even with my hand shielding my eye and my eye closed.  Maybe goggles would fix that.  Anyway, the comparison between the strength of the lasers of the two devices is something like comparing a candle to a 60 watt bulb.  There is no comparison.  It's possible this comb device would actually do for the skin what the other thing was supposed to do.  It would take probably a couple of months of therapy on an area to decide.  I am thinking of treating one hand and in a few weeks seeing if there is a difference between the treated hand and the untreated hand.  


This laser comb is a stronger laser than some of their past versions of laser combs.  Why would they still sell the old version?  I guess because they still work OK but they take about twice a long to get results.  My question is why would anyone buy the older model when there is a better one available?  I think for the purpose of trying to do therapy on painful joints I would definitely prefer the stronger laser.   Really, for any purpose I would buy a laser comb for, the stronger one is much better.  



No comments:

Post a Comment