Monday, December 19, 2022

The Witch of December


 

Last week I heard on the weather radio that there was a possibility of sleet or freezing rain on Thursday.   Ice storms are the worst things around here because they shut down the roads, sometimes cause several days of power outages, and freeze the water.  So I've been worried about the weather.  I kept telling myself it wouldn't be that bad.  But I bought four cases of bottled water and provisions in case of a storm.  


Today the weather radio had changed its mind and said that it would probably snow on Thursday.  At first this seemed like good news, compared to ice, except the reason is that the weather will be much colder.  It's been in the 40s during the day, and the 20s at night.  The forecast was that it would begin to rain on Wednesday night, then suddenly the temperature would drop 30 degrees in a few hours and on Thursday afternoon it would be 14º and snowing.  Then Thursday night  -5º.  It's also supposed to be windy.  This is unnerving.  I told Mrs. Billingsley about it, but she refused to believe it.  She thinks I should get the generator ready though.  Also fill the bathtub with water.  










No comments:

Post a Comment