Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Pickled Egg Phobia

 



It all started about a month ago.  I decided I would like to have pickled eggs.  I've never pickled eggs or anything else before, so I educated myself on Youtube.  Soon I was a little confused.   


Step Two.  I hardboiled about three dozen eggs.  


Step Three.  I realized I needed to buy ingredients at the grocery, so I bought dill seed, beet juice, white vinegar, etc.  


More confusion.  After watching the videos, I had all sorts of advice on a variety of brines, and all sorts of ingredients.  


Step Four.  Buy mason jars.  Maybe some extra lids.  This is when I found out that there is some problem in supply of mason jars and lids.  But, after about a week I had plenty of jars and lids.  


Step Five.  Get out my canner.  Mom gave me a great canner.  I happened to see one on Amazon.  Those things are expensive.  Around $450.  Well, anyway, I have one, and I gave it a nice scrubbing.  


So now days have passed, and nothing has been accomplished.  I'm scared and confused.  The eggs have been in the refrigerator waiting for me to pickle them for about two weeks.  Uh oh.  Why don't people ever clean the refrigerator?  They're afraid of what they might find.  


Finally, since it's trash collection day, and it's now been at least a month since I hardboiled the eggs, I made up my mind to find out if I should pickle these eggs or toss them out.  I peeled the eggs.  Every one of them seemed perfectly fine.  It's a miracle.  


It's all systems go.  



No comments:

Post a Comment