Saturday, December 17, 2022

Getting the Look

 As the weather gets colder, Tuna keeps asking me about my choice of clothing.  Aren't I cold?  Try to find clothing.   Well, what about shopping from women's clothing catalogs?  


I have to wonder what they are thinking when they design these clothes.  Unbelievable prices.  


Suppose you go to Walmart?  I remember trying that a few times.  I saw a fuchsia tee shirt with Winnie the Pooh graphics.  What to wear with this top?  Shorts with large diameter legs, "slimming" red and yellow vertical stripes, and an elastic waist.    


I suppose the designers have a list of things the clothing needs to accomplish, apparently all mutually exclusive.   The top of the list is to cover the bodies of frumpy ladies.   This will require lots of material.  Secondly, price, especially for clothing makers.  The material has to be economical.  And so, that means rayon, similar to wearing a plastic bag.  Then, somehow make it feminine.  OK, put some sequins on the plastic bag.  And for winter?  Well, the color has to be brown, grey, or black.  


The "cold shoulder." 






For the woman child








Maybe a dress...




This is a best seller...




The "handkerchief" hem...




Fuchsia with hearts....





Well, this seems nice:  




For Christmas:




The search continues.  




No comments:

Post a Comment