Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Why Are Deviled Eggs Devilly?


 

Why are deviled eggs devilly?  No horns.  No pitchforks.   They don't seem evil at all.  I've heard it's because they are spiced, and spicy somehow made a leap to devilly in the language.  


Well, around here there are a lot of deviled eggs.  There are a thousand reasons why, number one being they taste yummy.  Eggs are the best protein source there is and the cheapest.  They actually last a long time just sitting on the counter.  And it's so nice to have deviled eggs in the refrigerator whenever you need something to eat.  


It all started a long time ago.  Sometimes there were pot luck dinners at church.  In order to do my part, I almost always made deviled eggs, since they were well liked and inexpensive.  I thought sometimes that there would be leftovers, and I would enjoy them later myself, but there never ever were.  There were never even any left by the time I got to the table.  So they were a hit.  So many people bring pies and cakes, but a lot of people avoid sugary foods.  Rejoice!  Someone brought a healthy, yummy treat.  


Then one day for Christmas, Mr. Sunshine gave me a beautiful tray to hold deviled eggs in the refrigerator.  


And the rest is history.  



No comments:

Post a Comment