Thursday, August 11, 2022

I Made the Chicken Salad


 

A couple of days ago I roasted several chicken thighs.  I didn't eat them all, so I had five left and decided to make chicken salad.  Usually I make chicken salad with canned chicken, mostly because it's handy to have canned chicken in the pantry, and what else can you do with it?  But this time, actually for the first time, I used chicken that I cooked myself and chopped up.  


I took the meat off the bones, and tore it up, but with the canned chicken I always use the immersion blender on it to flake it up, so I did this chicken the same way.  That's definitely not the Youtube way.  I put mayo in it, and some salt and pepper, then began flaking it all together with the immersion blender.  This worked well, in my opinion.   I usually put hardboiled egg in chicken or tuna salad also, but not this time. 


I thought about putting the salad on a croissant, but I decided to just have chicken salad for dinner, and then chicken salad sandwich tomorrow. 


I have been thinking of making buffalo chicken dip, and looking at the videos on it, it looks like you could use chicken that had been made already into chicken salad, since the ingredients are the same, except there are several additional ingredients.  


That was Thursday in Paradise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment