Thursday, August 11, 2022

Suzy Homemaker






 I received an oven like this for Christmas when I was eight.  At first I wasn't very impressed with it.  It was a little pink box.  But as time went by I examined it more closely.  It had little pans and little packages of recipes.  Hmmm.  It said cookies on the packages.  Wait.  Cookies?


For as long as the cookie packages held out, I came home from school every day and made a recipe of cookies.  It was just incredible.  The little oven turned on and made cookies like magic.  


One day I ran out of packages of cookies, and I thought it was all over with my oven.  I couldn't make anymore cookies.  So I didn't play with it anymore.   Since I seemed to have lost interest in it, my parents threw it away.  


As time went by there was outrage among many that little girls were being encouraged to be homemakers.  This must never be I guess.   Little girls should grow up and be farmers or something.  I had a good time with my little oven anyway.  



No comments:

Post a Comment