Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Spaghetti Squash Mystery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddym4akxtY 





I watched a video about spaghetti squash and how to dress it up.  It involved boursin cheese.  Hmmm.  Maybe.  I checked Walmart pickup.  $73.94 for 15 oz?!  That seemed optimistic.  Opportunistic.  Pathetic.  I've never eaten this before and who knows if I would like it?  On Amazon it was $19 for 15 oz.  


Apparently I bought it, because it arrived at 8:30 am this morning.  The mailman tapped on the storm door and dashed off.   I opened the package up and found boursin cheese.  Why did I buy that?  And I bought a spaghetti squash too at Walmart pickup.  That was around $6.  


I couldn't remember what I might have been thinking or what the recipe was.  This is typical.  


So by a miracle I found the recipe.  This tics me off.  Someone convinced me to spend a ridiculous amount of money on squash with cheese on it.  


I remember I was very hungry when I watched this video.   I suppose I'll eat it for lunch.  I can tell you right now, my mother will like the squash but she won't like this cheese on it.  I tasted the cheese.  It was interesting.  Not something to pour money into though.   I'm starting to wonder about the Keto Twins.  What earthly good is it to make eating more expensive, more difficult, and not even more delicious?  


I first tried spaghetti squash because someone convinced me it was the ideal substitute for pasta.  I made marinara sauce to put on my imaginary spaghetti.  Well, it tasted like you would expect butternut squash to taste with marinara sauce on it.  The two tastes are each nice but mutually exclusive.  




No comments:

Post a Comment