Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Cutting the Spaghetti Squash


 


Now I remember why I don't often buy spaghetti squash.  They are impossible to cut open.  


I read the wisdom of someone about it.  "First cut off the stem. Then use the flat area that remains to prop up the squash whilst you slice it in half."  I can only guess this person had never tried this idea.  The stem wouldn't come off.  Finally I put the whole squash in the microwave, hoping to soften it up.  After 30 seconds I was concerned that it would explode, so I took it out and tried again.  This time I was able to remove the stem, but trying to slice this thing was like cutting a rock.   Back to the drawing board.  What happened to my big knife anyway?  


I took the spaghetti squash outside, and with all that is within me, stood on the top step and flung it down on the concrete.  The dear thing split right in half.   It's now in the oven, thinking about what it did. 




No comments:

Post a Comment