Saturday, May 28, 2022

Rescue 911


 

I've had the craziest last couple of days.  Two days ago my blood pressure went down to 86/40.  Why?  I don't know.  I think the runaround the VA has given me for the past two weeks is behind it.  Then yesterday I suddenly felt dreadfully cold.  Was it a ghost?  I could not get warm.  I took my temperature.  103.5º.   

My usual treatment of germs is a very hot bath.  But this time it failed me.  I was too weak to get out of the tub.  Well, I finally managed it.  But today I still had a fever - 101.5º.  Maybe I needed another hot bath.  And the fun began.  


When it came time to get out of the tub, I was able to roll out onto the floor.  But I couldn't for the life of me stand up.  Hmmm...  I rolled into the bedroom and soon found myself wedged between the bed and the wall.  I managed to reach my cell phone and call 911.  Problem, all the doors were locked.  To my mother's amazement, the sheriff's deputies removed the window air conditioner and crawled in the window.  Nice.  No damage to the door.  Then they put the air conditioner back in the window.  


They came back to my bedroom and heaved me up on my feet.  They urged me to let them call an ambulance.  Well, ooookay.  The paramedics gave me a brief cognitive test.  Who is the President?  "I hate to say it, but Biden."  Etc.   They were of the opinion I have COVID.  I suppose.  Was I vaccinated?  No, I have autoimmune problems that make a vaccination too dangerous.  But I did not go to the hospital.  







No comments:

Post a Comment