Tuesday, May 17, 2022

My Fabulous Tomato Soup

 



I recently posted a video by the Keto Twins about tomato soup.  They used one jar of Rao's marinara sauce with a pint of cream and a pint of chicken broth, and just heated and served.  


I had decided to do this and bought five jars of Rao's marinara sauce, because I already know it's delicious and this sounded like a great idea.  Today was a day that I wanted something special but I didn't have the ambition to prepare it.  I remembered my Rao stash, and opened a jar and tasted it.  Yummy.  I put it in a saucepan and added 4 oz. of cubed cream cheese.  I considered substituting sour cream for cream, but threw caution to the wind and used about a cup of cream.  Since I didn't have any broth right then, that was the end of the recipe.  Now to taste.  Incredible.  


So basically I had marinara sauce for lunch.  I grated up parmesan cheese for it.  It was so easy and even though it was prepared food, it was not unhealthy food.   This was easier to do than making a sandwich.  I shared with my Mom.  



No comments:

Post a Comment