Friday, April 15, 2022

Chicken Broth

 




You better run chicken.  Yesterday I made chicken broth.  Chicken stock as opposed to chicken broth is....?  I've heard different definitions.  I usually say chicken broth.   But what do I call chicken broth?  


Chicken broth that I make is bones, skin, and meat left over from roasted chicken after a meal.   So I roasted chicken twice over the past week and saved all the drippings, bones, skin and meat, and put it in the Instant Pot.  I filled the Instant Pot the rest of the way with water, and about three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, two tablespoons of salt, several sliced up cloves of garlic, and a quartered onion.  I pressure cooked it on high for two and a half hours.  I would say it would have been OK to continue another half hour to an hour, but as it was, oh my, it's good.  This morning I gave the last of the bones and skin to the feral kitties.  They still don't like me. 


Broth perfection is achieved when chilled broth gels like jello.  Well, this broth is not quite perfection.  But it's soooo good.  There is just nothing like homemade chicken broth.  






No comments:

Post a Comment