Friday, March 18, 2022

Mayo Success


 

It's the same thing every Friday.  I decide to make a dozen deviled eggs and a tuna salad so that I can skate through the weekend with nice things already prepared to eat.  That's when it becomes apparent that I'm out of mayo.  


I decided therefore to make a double recipe of mayo.  This can be dangerous.  I put in two and a half cups of avocado oil.  Twice the amount in the recipe.  And then how much MCT oil?  I never figured out how much it should be.  Probably 1 1/2 cups.  So then how much gelatin?  I put in two tablespoons.  No, wait.  Three?  Four?  How much salt?  How much vinegar?  Lemon?  Eggs?  At the end I had a mystery of ingredients.  This was getting scary.  


I decided to go ahead and go with it and got out the blender.  Imagine my relief when it turned into perfect mayo!  I realized that I had been holding my breath.  Now I wonder what I did right.  



No comments:

Post a Comment