Saturday, February 9, 2019

Unfortunate Cardinal








Miss Kitty's play pretties arrived today.  There were two robotic fish that swim around.  I put one of them in her water dish.  And there was a toy cardinal that chirps when one touches it.  

Miss Kitty could hardly wait for me to get up this morning.  I always go outside and put out birdseed for my bird friends.  Miss Kitty loves to play with the birds, and fought me to get outside to go menace them.  It was so cold though that she thought better of it soon and wanted back inside.  

I was playing with the toy cardinal, and it occurred to me to put it out on the bench where I scatter the birdseed.  There it sat, I suppose like a decoy.  Soon cardinals were everywhere.  How cute it was!  I left it there all day.  

Then the unthinkable happened.  A hawk swooped down and flew away with the toy cardinal as it chirped in alarm.  No more cardinal play pretty.  





No comments:

Post a Comment