Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What's left of my vineyard after pipeline fiasco




Imagine my surprise when I saw my 20 year old vineyard razed to the ground.  No mention by anyone that they were going to do this. My next door neighbor was over today screaming and hollering that his gate to his cow pasture was removed and all the cows were wandering around the countryside.  He had been on a trip out of state.  When he saw my vineyard the said, "It looks like damage in the 6 figures."  

My irrigation system to the vineyard and the garden were completely destroyed.  An apple tree was knocked to the ground and smashed to pieces.  The iron pipes we had made trellises from were strewn about everywhere.  Tracks of heavy equipment were all over the place, including the front lawn.  My fence was down.   All that was between me and total devastation appeared to be that the equipment operator just got tired of the effort.  

I called the Sheriff and a deputy came out.  I insisted that they needed to catch these criminals and put them in jail.  He said it all depends on whether or not there was an easement.  If there was an easement it's a civil matter.  I don't think there was.  We'll see.  The deputy asked me if I have any enemies.  It's not the first time I've been asked that question.  The pipeline called me this afternoon.  They're sending a man over tomorrow.  Beware.  I hope they're in a better mood tomorrow.  







Inline image 26



My apple tree is no more









Inline image 3



The area to the left was an irrigated garden.  The white boxes on the right are beehives.



Inline image 5






Inline image 6




Inline image 7




Inline image 8



Inline image 9

Inline image 10




Inline image 12





Inline image 13





Inline image 15







Inline image 16





Inline image 17



Inline image 18





Inline image 20






Inline image 22





Inline image 23





Inline image 24







Inline image 25








Inline image 14






Inline image 27





The lawn in my front yard







Inline image 2






Inline image 28















No comments:

Post a Comment