Wednesday, May 1, 2024

New Evidence of Prowler


 

Yesterday I tidied up the back steps a little.  Then this morning I found a cigarette butt near the backdoor, on the little porch area.  It wasn't there yesterday.  


Until the last week, the two dogs had been making a wreck of the back porch, since it was a fairly good shelter for them.  Then I quit feeding any animals, including them, anything whatsoever.  A couple of days ago the dogs disappeared.  What happened?  I'm not sure, but the black  female has not been seen again.  I saw the Great Pyrenees yesterday, but he was soon gone when there was no food.  So I'm hoping this problem is solved.   


But...  there was a mess on the back porch.  A bag of charcoal bricks had been torn up and scattered all over the place.  An aluminum insulation panel was pulled out of place.  All sorts of things.  So I went out and cleaned it up yesterday.   That's how I know for sure the cigarette butt was put there last night.  


Oh, so what?  Well, who would you suppose did that?  The FedEx driver?  No.  The UPS driver?  No.  The post lady?  No.  Who else comes here?   Who liked to sit there at night and smoke cigarettes?  What brand was this?  Well, Most of the white paper part had been torn away.  Still, I think it was home rolled.  Looking at the other one that was left here, it had more of the white paper, but I realized it was also home rolled.  


Have I ever left a cigarette butt for someone else to clean up?  No.  Have I ever sat outside someone's house at night?  No.   Have I ever pried someone's backdoor open at night or any other time?  No.  Have I ever stood outside a woman's bedroom window and tapped on it at night?  No.  Have I ever taken a bat and slammed it against the walls of the room of an elderly lady with a broken back in the middle of the night?  No.  I think the same person did these things to us.  


So, first, a ring doorbell I guess.   The sheriff had told me to put up No Trespassing signs, which I did.   This is freaky.  I have an idea who it is.  






No comments:

Post a Comment