Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Thrilling Ice Cream Success

 



I've been watching Youtube videos on dairy free keto ice cream.  The only way of getting this is to make it yourself.   It looked difficult.  Some recipes don't call for an ice cream maker, no, you just spent all afternoon tinkering with a jar in the freezer.  This would probably end in disaster.  


There was a list of ingredients.  I bought them off Amazon.  It was strongly recommended that one use either Xylitol or Allulose for sweetener, because other sweeteners wouldn't work well.  OK.  I don't think Allulose would work for me, but I had some Xylitol already that I've never tried.   


So today it was all systems go.  I had the ingredients and the ice cream maker.  I had frozen the thingy in the middle for two days.  I put all the ingredients in the blender.  This will be coconut cream ice cream.  I also received a dairy free plant milk today, but I'll try that later.  The recipe called for six egg yolks.  I cheated and just used three whole eggs.  Then....I blended it up and put it in the ice cream maker.  It's still going around and around.  


I tried a spoonful. It's delicious.  But still, it has to be in the freezer for about four hours after it comes out of the ice cream machine.  I even bought a container for it with double sides to insulate it, hopefully to prevent ice crystals.  


I can't believe this is happening.  





No comments:

Post a Comment