Monday, September 19, 2022

My Landfill Adventure


 

Circumstances conspired against me and I visited the landfill today.   I've puzzled over this for several weeks.  


The trash collector has really been a stickler for details.  That's OK.  I'm sick of that scoundrel anyway.  I put Mrs. Billingsley's broken walker in a big black bag and put it next to the trash bin.  He came by and tossed it into the yard.  Cheesh.  There were other issues.  The number one issue is that he has stopped coming by at all.  This really causes problems.   It actually attracted a bear recently.  The bear tore the thunder out of the garbage and threw it everywhere.  Has the trash collector been paid?  Well, he hasn't even been sending bills.  Then boom!  He's mad because I haven't paid.  I think that's the problem right now.   But who knows?  He won't answer the phone.  He doesn't respond to text messages.  The best I've been able to do is call one of his buddies and try to get them to light a fire under him.  


In any case, I've totally given up on trying to get anyone to collect trash.  I had to figure out what to do.  I could drive down the interstate and put the trash in rest stop trash cans.  I could do it the Billingsley way and take the trash to the dumpster at the church.  I suppose they tolerated that, but they probably don't like it.  I could toss it out along the highway.   Finally I decided to put it in the trunk and go to the landfill.  


So that's how I resolved the issue.  Was that so hard?  



No comments:

Post a Comment