Tuesday, July 26, 2022

111º?

 

It's been SOOOOO hot.  


I hear people complain about 90º.  It just seems silly.  


The air conditioner in my room won't bring the room temperature down below 100º because it is 106 to 111º outside.  I have been putting ice packs in my clothes during the day, and sleeping with ice packs at night.


I know.  It's a heat wave.  It will be over soon.  When?  Two weeks?  A month?


The air conditioners in both my car and Mom's car broke in June.  I have been driving with the windows down.  Well, that's how they did it in the old days.  Then yesterday when I attempted to take Mrs. Billingsley to the dentist in her car, the clutch wouldn't engage and I couldn't make the car move at all.  I know know know the heat did this but I don't know how.  It melted the clutch I guess.  We took my car.  I put the fan and air conditioners in the on position, even though they didn't work and off we went on a fairly long trip.  Welp, they asked if we would mind coming back tomorrow.  Yes, I said, I would mind.  Oh, OK.  Maybe next week?   So we drove home.  Guess what?  The air conditioner suddenly turned on!  :))))))). Yippee.  





No comments:

Post a Comment