Monday, February 28, 2022

Second Wheat Penny Mystery


 


Two months ago, I was surprised to notice a wheat penny lying on the floor near the backdoor.   It wasn't one I put there, or dropped.  A wheat penny isn't extremely rare, but you're not likely to find one in your change.   So it was mysterious.  It was minted in 1946.  

How would someone even get in the house to put it on the floor?  The door is locked.   Oh, is it?  I sometimes leave it open when I go to the mailbox.   

Anyway, even stranger was today.  I noticed a coin on the floor near the backdoor.  It looked like a penny.  "This can't be another wheat penny," I thought.  Oh, get out!  It was another wheat penny.  This one was minted in 1918.  

Strange.  How? Why? When? Where? What?  

Thank you Mr. X for the wheat penny.  








No comments:

Post a Comment