Thursday, February 22, 2018

35% TCA Peel on my Hands and Forearms

https://www.parkercenter.net/gallery-patient/upper-eyelid-lift-patient-19/


This isn't me, and it isn't a photo of hands or arms.  It's a photo of a woman who had a Hetter's peel.   It's just remarkable to me the benefits that can come from a chemical peel.  

Today I decided to do a 35% TCA peel on my hands and forearms.  It's the first time I've ever used 35% TCA.  

I have peeled my hands and wrists in the past with 25% TCA, and I put a second layer on after five minutes.  That was too much, but I recovered.  

This time I put one layer of 35% TCA on my hands and arms, up to and including my elbows.  Why would I do such a thing?  I wanted to spruce up my hands, and I had blotchy skin on my arms due to sun damage.  Worst of all, I still had some dark spots that remained from the last peel, although much improved.   Of all the things I've done to get rid of those spots, this has by far been the best.  

I set up my area on the kitchen table, covering a space with towels. I put out a large bowl of water in case I wanted to rinse off the skin in a hurry.  Then I poured about 1/8th oz. of 35% TCA in a tiny bowl.  I washed my hands and arms with gel type hand soap, and then wiped my arms with nail polish remover, which is acetone.  This was to remove oil from the surface of my skin.  I used gloves, cotton gauze and cotton swabs to apply the peel.  

I did my hand left arm first, and checked the time.  At first I could hardly feel anything.  Then there was a stinging, but not as much as I thought there might be.  There were places where I even frosted, and then I saw that there were some places that I missed.  So I dabbed on more chemical peel on the areas I missed.  I put extra peel on the dark spots with a cotton swab.  Then I waited about twenty minutes.  That went OK.  I wanted to wait for the chemical to dry so I could put a glove on my left hand.  Then I did the same thing to my right hand and arm. 

It's been an hour and a half.  There was some stinging, but not intense.  I only did one layer because I have never tried 35% TCA before and I don't have a good idea of how much it will do.  I haven't washed it off yet, but I will in a few minutes.  

Stay tuned.  



2 comments:

  1. What was the results? I just did one and think uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link to post that shows results? Why should we stay tuned? Were left hanging on this one..

    ReplyDelete