Friday, January 26, 2018

The Lord has sent me a pitbull puppy





Last week a puppy started following me around the yard.  Clearly a little lost, frightened stray.  I said she could stay and called her Chippy.  I've been thinking it would be good to have a dog. A big dog.  Chippy is pretty happy here.  She's moved into a shed attached to the back porch.  She wants to be an indoor dog.  Well, I think I need an outdoor dog.  We go for walks.  Chippy is uncomfortable getting too far from the house.  

A friend came over a couple of days ago.  "Did you see my new dog?" I asked.  "Do you realize that's a purebred pit bull?" he replied.  This seemed to disturb him.   Others have warned me about my difficult "choice" of dogs.  

Chippy isn't wild about dog food.  She likes table scraps.  They come with a price.  A) She is not to jump on me or grab a goodie. B) She must sit when I say sit.  It's amazing how fast she figured this out.  

I need to get her a leash and a collar.  I guess I need to take her to the vet for shots and a procedure.  

Some say these type of collars are cruel.  Well, it's cruel to let your dog put people and other animals in the hospital.  No, I wouldn't like to wear one!  But then, I'm not going to bite someone's leg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment