Wednesday, October 11, 2017

My New Range Part II

I knew I had to fix the situation on my gas range from yesterday.  Here was the plainest of gas ranges selling all over the country for about $400, and I had just paid $800.  I thought about what to do.  Put a stop payment on my check?  Well, maybe.  Call the owner of the company and express concern?  I guess.  I decided that I would go ahead with the deal if I didn't resolve it favorably. So I called him and said that there had been some discussion about the charge for LP conversion.  He said, "We charge the $100 as an insurance policy in case of anything going wrong."  OK.  I wonder how much insurance that would provide if the house caught fire due to a propane leak.  Then I said that the very model I had bought was advertised a number of places for $400 with delivery and they had charged $595 plus $75 delivery.  He said, "Well, if you can buy it for that somewhere else for $400, then I will refund your money and you can buy it there."  Perfect.  I said I hoped there was no offense.  No, he hoped we could do business in the future.  I called JC Penney's and bought it for $399 and taxes and charges that came to $560, as I thought would happen.   They had insisted on a new hose which they said was included.   So finally the gas range problem is solved.  BTW they are discontinuing the battery ignition also and in the future the only way to light a gas oven will be electronic ignition. 


GE Hotpoint 30" White Freestanding Gas Range - RGB518PCHWH

Abt Model: RGB518PCHWH | UPC Code: 084691263524






GE - RGB518PCHWH - Gas Ranges
Roll over image to zoom in

No comments:

Post a Comment