Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Box Where My Dreams Were Kept












I dreamt of a land by the Sapphire Sea
from whence the swallows came. 
In that land there dwelt a girl, 
Sharon was her name. 

She was as fair as Queen Anne's Lace, 
the oceans were in her eyes. 
Alabaster was her face, 
kissed by sunny skies. 







Seldom have the ponies wept, 
and seldom have they cried, 
But ponies wept on that sad day, 
Occasioned by my pride. 


Away, away! ye beautiful dreams,
but isn't it curious how, 
That it should seem to dreamers who dream 
that I might have forgotten you now? 

Never a day that I didn't kiss 
the picture that you left, 
for it was one of the treasures
in the box where my dreams were kept. 










She said, "You must fly the endless skies, 
and sail the Sapphire Sea, 
'Til you behold the dreams of gold,
and find the dreams that be.

You must fly away like a bird of prey
for the dreams that take to the skies. 
You must catch them in a silver net
like you would a butterfly."








So I sailed away at the break of day 
to fish the Sapphire Sea,
and find the dreams that flew away 
and catch the dreams that be.   






By Helene Louise







4 comments: