Thursday, June 23, 2022

New Mystery Penny


 


I found a new mystery penny today.  This one was near the backdoor on the concrete by the back steps.   It was a 2020 penny from the Denver Mint.  


I was sitting on the back step annoying the feral cat.  The cat has had four kittens, and I have been wondering what to do with them.  I tried to stop feeding them, but then put some Kit n Kaboodle next to my foot to force them to approach me.  They usually keep their distance and all stand around hissing at me, which I don't like.  


At first the kittens threw caution to the wind and came up to me to eat cat food, but then I guess their mother warned them about me, and now they avoid me even more, as she stands there hissing.  Then I pick up the cat food and go back inside.  It just irks me.  


We're at an impasse I suppose, because they have no options but to wait for me to come to my senses and feed them.  


So there I sat, surrounded by hissing cats, when I noticed a penny lying in front of me.  Hmmm.  A new mystery coin.  Nice.  


It wasn't nice like this one in the photo though.  It was covered in some sort of grunge, which is odd for a newer coin.  It usually takes longer than a few months to get that messed up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment