Monday, February 15, 2021

Snowbound


 


There is a whole lot of snow out there.  I'm not going anywhere for a while.  It's very cold too.  I blame the Canadians.  


I saw bird footprints on the back steps, so I thought, "Why go out into the dangerous snow?  I'll scatter the birdseed on the steps."  While I did this, I left the door open, and a cardinal, unnoticed by me, flew into the kitchen.  Then it realized it wasn't so easy to get out.  I finally had to grab the varmint with my hands and toss it out, where flew away to a branch and was hailed as a bird hero by the other birds.  


Well, I had to do something, so I decided to look at makeup online.  


Wow.  The prices are astonishing.   Mascara?  Too dangerous.  Eye shadow?  Maaaaybe.  I think cream.  I would get powder into my eyes.   Gel eyebrow stuff?  No.  Not again.  I wouldn't get that anywhere but on my eyelids.  


Now I'm exhausted from shopping.  I'll have to circle back around.  





11 comments:

  1. Well, less than one so far. It's supposed to snow until Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. . BTW -6 º tomorrow and a foot of snow between now and Thursday morning. It's probably headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cold. Accuweather says it's tipping over zero now. The trick is "DON'T LET YOUR PIPES FREEZE". Keep a little drip going. Otherwise you will have to wait for the spring thaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good advice. Well, I did that. So far so good except that water isn't going down the drain. Maybe I should run the hot water a while.

      Delete
  4. It's suppose to warm up in a couple days. Not to worry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to that. Be careful. This is a mean storm

      Delete
    2. I guess you'd call it a Nor'easter

      Delete