Friday, July 12, 2019

Fasting Update





I decided to fast four days a week and eat a ketogenic diet the other three.  My goal was six months of this.  Today is the end of the first month.  

Goodness, that knocked the stuffings out of me.  

I've been doing a water fast.  Now I'm considering a modified fasting diet.  OK, that isn't technically fasting, but I'm basing my efforts on a study of mice with diabetes that recovered by a fasting mimicking diet.  I would like to just water fast, and maybe I will, but things have just gotten worse so far as to how I've tolerated this four day a week water fast.  Either it's going to have to be less days a week or modified fasting.  

I've been thinking over the modified fasting and what a good plan would be.  

I finally tried shirataki noodles.  They have almost no carbs, no fat,  few calories.  I rinsed a package of them about five times and boiled them for a little while in salted water, then dry fried them, which is frying without oil.  Then I mixed them with ghee and salted them.  It was pretty good.  So maybe a meal of buttered shirataki noodles.  Maybe diet jello sometimes.  Diet root beer.  Coffee.  With cream?  Maybe.  That seems more likely to happen.  

The fasting efforts started back last November.  I have said that I haven't lost weight, but really, my weight is down about 23 lbs since November.  I guess it's been slow going.  That's only about 3 lbs a month. 

Was weight loss my motivation?  Not 100% because I supposed I wouldn't lose weight anyway.  Just improvement of health in general.  If mice can rejuvenate, I can rejuvenate.  




No comments:

Post a Comment