Wednesday, March 13, 2019

May I Just Say, Fasting Mimicking Diet Helps



Recently Valter Longo has been prominent due to his studies about five day modified fasts.  

Have I done the five days modified fast recommended by Valter Longo.  OK. No.  But I put two and two together and tried a five day modified fast twice a month.  

The results?  The results have been pretty good.  The Valter Longo fast uses a protocol  that is available for around $250.  I have been doing a modified fast that includes two or three cups of coffee with cream, Diet Coke once or twice a day, and sugar free Jello once or twice a day.  

What are my results?  My fasting blood sugar is down, under 100, my blood pressure is around 125/75, and weight is down a little, about five pounds a month.  I have been doing a five day modified fast twice a month for three months.  

Did I do this to lose weight?  No, my main reason was rheumatoid arthritis.  Did it work?  I think so.  I'm not pain free but I'm doing a lot better than I was.  

I like this approach because it's easier than many.  I'm not against fasting, but it's amazing how much easier a modified fast is.  And yet I have results.  

What results?  I was hoping to stimulate my stem cells to repair damage from rheumatoid arthritis.  I am happy with the results, and may I say, it was inexpensive.  

And people keep saying that I look younger.  


No comments:

Post a Comment