Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A New Variety of Roses

A New Variety of Carnations too



The Wilted Look?





For Moticia?





More questions




I don't know what to think about the beautiful arrangement from the florist today.  It was artistic and lovely, but the flowers were all brown on the edges, and some of them looked wilted and withered.  

This was an arrangement my sister sent my mother for her birthday.  I called the florist shop and told them that the flowers looked withered.  "Oh, you mean the roses are brown on the edges? That's a new variety."  ????  Were the carnations a new variety also?  "We would be happy to replace them..."  "OK, thanks."  

I feel like a noob, not having ever heard of such a rose, or carnation.  And complaining about a gorgeous arrangement.  Being so far out of the loop I suppose exquisiteness evades me sometimes.  

I just don't know what to make of it.  I could be convinced that there are varieties of flowers with the "pre dead flower" look, but it still is hard to imagine this would be a big hit.  Those other noobs who see the flowers might imagine you have an arrangement of dead flowers.  

Soon the florist was back with a dozen red roses.  Was this better?  I suppose so.  I feel confused about this.  




No comments:

Post a Comment