Saturday, December 2, 2017

Stubbed Toe



I got up at night and stubbed my toe.  I turned on the light and was surprised to see how much damage there was.  The toenail on my big toe was broken all the way through half way down from one side to the other.  Half of it had actually come completely off.  What to do?  

What I actually did was to go back to sleep.  I put a bandaid on it and thought about how I could avoid this.  It probably wouldn't have happened if I were wearing slippers, which I will be in the future.  Once I can get slippers on.  It probably wouldn't have happened if I had had a nightlight.  It's not the first time I've had an accident in the dark.  That's just asking for trouble.  

I told a friend about it, and she gave me a cute little flashlight for walking around in the dark.  Yay!  

What about missing toenails?   I bought Krazy glue and a set of false toenails.  I'm going to glue my poor toenail back together, and then put beautiful false toenails on my toes until this storm passes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment