Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Silver Cup




I stopped at a thrift store a few days ago.  It occurred to me to look at their dishes and cookware.  I saw three things of interest, a nice big jar with a metal fastener, an ornamental plate that I thought was copper, and a goblet that was tarnished.  I checked the goblet to see if there was a stamp on it.  No.  Oh well.  You never know.  It could be silver, but it looked more like copper.  I bought them all for $3, and took them home and cleaned them up.  They were a mess.  You should have seen the goblet.  It appeared to be pretty old and it cleaned up like new.  I saw after it was cleaned that it was in fact, a silver goblet, and it actually appears to be solid silver, except for the outside, which I thought was copper plate.  No, that wasn't copper.  Suddenly I realized it was gold.  Wow.  What a beautiful goblet it is.  The plate was copper and makes is pretty displayed on the kitchen wall.  It's a good idea to look around in thrift stores because it isn't unusual for them to sell silver items for a dollar or two.  This isn't my goblet, it's similar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment